Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 8 of working on myself

Emotions.

Its a big meaningful word but can hide so much. I sit at work as I type these posts and I keep telling myself that doing it helps me a little more every day.

My emotions or lack there of (most of the time) is really hard for me to explain to people and for me to tell my therapist that I don't feel some kind of connection to my loved ones leaves me feeling more empty inside.

It's Wednesday, I still have a long way to go but after yesterday's visit I didn't feel like writing on my blog but wanted to share some today. A person who drinks is told to take it one day at a time, what do you do if you feel like your emotions are locked in a safe? Is there a safe cracker out there for the emotionally locked up?

So as I close out this blog (heading home in less than 10 minutes), I want to give you all something to think about.

Why is it that I can feel sad or cry when I see or read a sad story online or TV) but I can't cry about my "family friends" or family members? Maybe the answer will come out one of these days, I just hope it's soon. I feel like I'm failing as a parent all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment