Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 10 of working on myself

I wasn't able to post or really type at all this weekend.  If I wasn't dealing with a sick baby I was dealing with my own sickness and my husband's.

That's right, Mother's Day and I got sick.  Not just sick, major headache, fever, sore throat...the works.  My Mother's Day consisted of watching my husband (who got up after I went to bed and went to the living room) sleep on the couch.  I wake up to day 2 of my headache with no end in site and I got in the shower, hoping to release it some, didn't work.  Go out to the living room, see hubby sleeping, and the door unlocked.

My oldest left the house and my middle child was still sleeping so I yelled at her to get up (it was 8:30 by this time).  She told me she had already taken her meds and that my husband had seen them both in fact take their meds.  Ok, fine so she went back to bed?  I don't think so!  Get your lazy butt up!

The baby and I go and sit on  the couch, watching tv...his fave show of course...when my older kid walks in about 9:30 like nothing was going on.

He then starts to tell Cyndi that she didn't get up in time so she shouldn't be eating breakfast rule is if your not up by 8:00 no breakfast and lunch isn't until 11:3-12).  I don't want the kitchen to be an all day eat-fest with a few minutes between here and there where they try to sneak in a snack.  Sorry KITCHEN IS CLOSED!

He like me wasn't around when she got up so he figured the same thing, that she didn't get up, but in cause your wondering, I am the mom and he doesn't need to remind her so I told him she was awake before 8 and to stop bugging her.

Off to a great start! Hubby, still sleeping through all this, doesn't budge.

I get the baby's meds and mine and make sure he takes them, then I start to make him some breakfast...hot oatmeal, because it's easy on his throat.  He eats almost all of it 1 /2 packets) and wants down, I eat a different kind at the same time as he doesn't like me eating if he's on the floor.

So we're both done eating and I clean up our dishes, mind you neither kid has done their chores as of yet and we go back to watching tv.  He's getting tired so I look for his sippy and his blanket and start walking back to the bedroom, he follows me he's my shadow on the weekends) and watches me make his bed, put his stuffies on there and he grabs his chicka from the living room and put her to bed then crawls in next to her.  Yep, he does this each time we put him to bed now.

He loves the fact that he can get in and out of his bed without our help.  He doesn't get up and play with stuff, unless he's not really tired and that has only happened 1 maybe 2 times since we changed his bed over.

I go back out into the living room, hubby is now awake, and start to watch tv (shows I've recorded over the past week or so). Now everyone wants something from me...both kids want to play on the computer, ipad etc. I tell them thank you all very much for making this day such a great day for me.  Hubby yells at the kids for making me feel like shit and not thinking of me on Mother's Day....umm yeah, he yells at them but he's the one who slept in most of the day.  We're both sick, but I'm still up doing stuff for my family because if I don't it won't get done.

Well, a few hours go by, baby wakes up and comes back to my lap. Dinner time is almost upon us now.  Hubby tells me he has to go to the store and asked me what I wanted for dinner...I said it doesn't matter.  My daughter had left during this time and was gone about an hour.  He goes to the store, picks up a few bags of stuff and walks back in the door a few steps in front of my very hot and sweaty daughter.  He saw her walking and just let her walk the rest of the way...nice guy right?  It's like 100 outside and he lets her walk home.

She took her only money, walked down to the store and got me fudge cookies (which melted on the way back so she stuck them in the freezer before giving them to me) and a card that she made...last minute but hey she at least did something for me.  I told her tank you for both, then she hands me a box, with a few things inside...most of which I had given her over the past few years...ok now she's trying too hard.  The thought was there but sorry don't regift something that was given to you by the person your giving it to...it's just wrong.  I told her it was a nice idea but I don't need them.

How do you tell someone nicely that it's rude?

I'm not sure if there is a nice way to say it really and not hurt the other person's feelings.

Dinner was beef brisket, red potatoes, veggies and rolls, he got me a banana cream pie for desert but I still wasn't feeling too well so we didn't have it.

Yes, that was Mother's Day for me.  What can I say, my family loves me...at times. lol

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sir, I got you just now

    Great blogging tips. Have more trouble managing my blog than I do with writing blog posts. This helps out immensely. Do you know How to stop depression? There are a lot of side effects of medications used to fight depression. If you're dealing with severe depression, then tackling the symptoms might be a good first step. The most severe form of depression is called dysthymia and is often a long term problem. When you hear about someone being in some form of chronic depression, this is typically dysthymia. If you are dealing with this level of depression, then you had better go see a psychologist or psychiatrist.


    Thanks For Very Interesting Post.

    ReplyDelete